If you love Fantasy Football, be very glad you're a member of Stampede Blue, where we love us some fantasy football more than any other site on SB Nation. We started back in 2011 (7th year now), and we’ve hovered between 12 and 13 leagues every year, including a league just for league winners from the previous year (which is a blast and extremely competitive, obviously). We've drafted that league as an Auction draft, which adds a whole new level of strategy to the league. Winning the league last year was Cream and Crimson, and I struggled mightily, finishing in dead last. Thankfully I won a league last year to keep my spot, as I certainly didn’t earn it in this league.
He'll be defending his title this year against league winners from last year, as well as Champions League runner-up LuckNLoad, who will be playing in the Champions League for the third straight season. Everyone who should be in the league should have received their invite last night (if you won your league and don't have an invite, please shoot me an email). I need to make up for my pitiful performance from a year ago.
Some features of our Stampede Blue leagues:
- Unified scoring across all leagues, allowing us to compare across leagues for the overall best teams. I've never really done much with this, but I need to. Think there should be an overall winner here too.
- Everyone who says they want in, as long as it is before the deadline, will get in a league. Some other SB Nation sites limit it to just a league or two, but as I said earlier we like including everyone. The more leagues the better.
- Multiple draft times and dates, chosen by you, so that we have full drafts. It makes the leagues much better if everyone is at the draft and not allowing the auto-drafter to go for them. I have them set up for all of the leagues from a year ago, and have a draft time on each day of the week, and different times for different time zones.
- To go along with that, since we have quite a few international fans that want to play, so they'll get preference to the late-night and weekend leagues. Yahoo allows drafts all 24 hours of the day, so we will have one late Friday / early Saturday for our European/Aussie/Night Owls. You'll get more details later, but I've got you covered once again this year.
We've had a surprisingly great participation throughout the season, even when teams are bad, which makes the leagues that much better. That said, I'll be on the lookout for teams that haven't done much for several weeks to at least take out Bye week players, but everyone was really good about playing out the season, which again makes it more fun. If you sign up, please play out the season, even if your team is riddled with injuries.
Here's the how the process is going to work:
- The easiest way is for you to just leave a comment here in this story. Then just check the email address registered with SB Nation sometime next Sunday Evening (8/13), and you'll have an email from me with a list of dates and times of drafts. (This will most likely come while watching Game of Thrones, so keep your computer handy). Then you'll email me back a date and time you'd like to draft (thus confirming your participation), and you're in! There's no need to leave your email address in the comment unless you want me to not use your registered email address. If you don’t have a registered email with SB Nation I cannot email you. Either email me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave your email here if you don’t have a registered email. I will attempt to reply here in this story if I can’t get a hold of you, but it’s your responsibility to ensure I can send you an invite.
- For those of you who just lurk around, you can directly email me that you're interested in joining, and you'll be included on the same email Sunday evening. My only condition is you must be registered on Stampede Blue to participate, and be in good standing (not banned). Just included your user name in the email.
- I like having these multiple steps, as the 3 step process, which in reality will take less than 3 minutes of your life, helps weed out people who really aren't that interested. We’ve had very few issues in five years, so if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
The deadline to sign up is Sunday, August 13 at 8:00pm ET. Anyone after that will be put on a wait list, which we will use, as we have done liberally each year. If you want to play, just let me know before that time.
Good luck to everyone!