Although the Indianapolis Colts have turned over about half of their roster this offseason and got much, much younger, they still have several veterans on the roster. The vets that were kept on board are still there because they are still effective, or are in their prime.
With plenty of injuries and no Andrew Luck to start the year, the current tone around the organization is dull until Luck makes his return. There are some things that you can look forward to in the meantime, however. Here are a bunch of milestones that different Colts veterans could meet throughout this season.
- Needs one 300-yard passing game to pass Johnny Unitas (26) for second most in franchise history.
- Has thrown a touchdown pass in 23 consecutive games (played), the longest active streak in the NFL and 18th most in NFL history. Realistically, Luck can only reach Brett Favre (36) during the 2017 season, who has the seventh-longest streak. Drew Brees (54) is the record holder. Luck also needs five consecutive games with a touchdown pass to pass Peyton Manning (27) for second in franchise history.
- Needs a touchdown pass in seven different games to pass Bert Jones (68) for third most games with a touchdown pass in franchise history.
- Needs four rushing touchdowns to pass Manning (17) for the most in franchise history for a quarterback.
- Needs 32 carries to pass Eric Dickerson (2,996) for ninth in NFL history, 58 to pass Marcus Allen (3,022) for eighth and 64 to pass Edgerrin James (3,028) for seventh.
- Needs two 100-yard games to pass O.J. Simpson (42) for 16th most in NFL history.
- Needs one rushing touchdown to tie Clinton Portis (75) for 23rd in NFL history, and two to tie Pete Johnson (76) for 22nd.
- Needs 41 yards from scrimmage to pass Thurman Thomas (16,532) for ninth in NFL history.
- Needs 98 carries to pass Barry Sanders (3,062) for sixth in NFL history, and 210 to pass LaDainian Tomlinson (3,174) for fifth.
- Needs 195 rushing yards to pass Dickerson (13,259) for seventh, 598 to pass Jerome Bettis (13,662) for sixth, 620 to pass Tomlinson (13,684) for fifth and 1,037 to pass Curtis Martin (14,101) for fourth.
- With 1,000 yards rushing in 2017, Gore would join Emmitt Smith (11), Martin (10), Walter Payton (10) and Sanders (10) as the only players to rush for 1,000 yards in 10 different seasons. All are Hall-of-Famers.
- With 1,000 yards rushing in 2017, Gore would join John Riggins (1983 and ‘84) and John Henry Johnson (1962 and ‘64) as the only players in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards twice at the age of 33 or older. Gore did it in 2016 (1,025). He would join Riggins as the only ones to do it in consecutive seasons.
- Needs 939 yards from scrimmage to pass Martin (17,430) for eighth in NFL history, and 1,163 to pass Allen (17,654) for seventh.
- Needs 10 total touchdowns to reach 100 for his career. He would be just the 25th player in NFL history to reach that marker.
- Needs six receiving touchdowns to pass Marcus Pollard (35) for ninth in franchise history.
- Needs 54 receptions to pass Dallas Clark (427) for fourth in franchise history.
- Needs 179 receiving yards to pass Lenny Moore (6,039) fourth in franchise history.
- With 1,000 receiving yards, he would join Marvin Harrison (8) and Reggie Wayne (8) as the only players in franchise history to reach the mark in at least five different seasons.
- Needs two 20-29-yard field goals to tie Morten Andersen (176) for most from that distance in NFL history.
- Needs seven 30-39-yard field goals to pass Jason Hanson (166) for third most from that distance in NFL history.
- Needs two 50-yard field goals to tie Matt Prater (36) for eighth most from that distance in NFL history.
- Needs 11 field goal attempts to pass George Blanda (639) for third in NFL history.
- Needs nine made field goals to pass Anderson (538) for second in NFL history.
- Needs one win to pass Anderson (201) for the second most regular seasons wins in NFL history.
- Needs 57 points to pass Anderson (2,434) for second in NFL history.
- Needs to play in six games to pass Hanson (327) for fifth in NFL history.
- Needs nine wins to pass Blanda (209) for the most regular season wins in NFL history.
- Needs 11 40-49-yard field goals to pass Anderson (161) for the most from that distance in NFL history.
- Needs six 50-yard field goals to pass Jason Elam (39) for the fifth most from that distance in NFL history.
- Needs 36 made field goals to pass Andersen (565) for the most in NFL history.
- Needs 44 field goal attempts to pass Anderson (672) for second in NFL history.
- Chuck Pagano (49-31) needs one win to reach 50 for his career.
- The Colts have now had at least one undrafted rookie on their opening-day roster for 19 consecutive years. This year, Darrell Daniels, Deyshawn Bond, Kenny Moore and Rigoberto Sanchez made the roster.