Here’s a two-round mock draft—with trades—as requested. As always, things will change between now and draft day.
1. Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold - QB - USC
It’s really down to Josh Allen or Darnold for this pick. We’ve heard mixed signals on who this pick will be but Vegas favors it being Darnold. We’ll see if that holds true.
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Saquon Barkley - RB - Penn State
Tampa Bay is rumored to have a lot of interest in Barkley. There’s no guarantee he’ll be there at 7, so they make this move.
3. New York Jets: Baker Mayfield - QB - Oklahoma
Same as last mock. This is a pick I’ve felt comfortable with once they traded up to pick 3.
4. Cleveland Browns: Bradley Chubb - DE - NC State
Whoever the Browns take here changes the entire layout of the draft for a lot of teams. With Barkley gone, Chubb is the obvious pick unless they decide to trade down.
5. Denver Broncos: Josh Allen- QB - Wyoming
Everyone talks about Denver considering other positions here, but with Allen on the board, I’m not sure John Elway can pass him up.
6. Miami Dolphins: Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA
The Bills are trying like heck to get up into the top part of the draft to get their QB but the division rivals include a 2019 RD1 to make Ballard jump.
7. New York Giants: Quenton Nelson - OG - Notre Dame
Dave Gettleman gets the guy he’s been after all along.
8. Chicago Bears: Minkah Fitzpatrick - DB - Alabama
The Bears need to continue to shore-up their secondary. Fitzpatrick is an immediate starter.
9. San Francisco 49ers: Denzel Ward - CB - Ohio State
Ward would be a solid addition to the 49ers secondary.
10. Oakland Raiders: Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech
Who knows what Jon Gruden will do with this pick? Edmunds is an athletic freak and plays tough and downhill. That seems like an old-school-style, big LB that Gruden will love.
11. Indianapolis Colts: Roquan Smith - LB - Georgia
Roquan Smith is the perfect LB for the Colts new, fast defense. He’d be a steal at 11.
12. Buffalo Bills: Lamar Jackson - QB - Louisville
After all this movement, Buffalo settles for QB5 in this draft, even though Jackson could end up being the best of the group.
13. Washington Redskins: Vita Vea - DT - Washington
Washington needs a defensive presence along the DL and Vea is head and shoulders the top DT in this class.
14. Green Bay Packers: Derwin James - S - Florida State
The Packers stay patient at 14 and have a great prospect fall to them.
15. Dallas Cowboys: Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU
Dallas jumps ahead of Baltimore in order to get the WR they covet.
16. Baltimore Ravens: Calvin Ridley - WR - Alabama
Ozzie Newsome grabbing an Alabama player is about as cliche as they come. This fits on so many levels except Ridley may not accentuate Joe Flacco’s natural talent of throwing deep and hoping for a defensive pass interference call.
17. Detroit Lions: Harold Landry - DE - Boston College
The Lions hop ahead of the Seahawks in order to grab the next best pass rusher.
18. Seattle Seahawks: Josh Jackson - CB - Iowa
Seattle gets an immediate replacement for Richard Sherman.
19. Arizona Cardinals: Mason Rudolph - QB - Oklahoma State
Arizona doesn’t trade up but still gets a QB that is unlikley to be there in RD2.
20. Los Angeles Chargers: Mike McGlinchy - OT - Notre Dame
The Chargers upgrade their OL to keep Philip Rivers upright.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Connor Williams - OT - Texas
Cincinnati needs to build up their offensive line. Williams could go a long way to help with that.
22. Buffalo Bills: Isaiah Wynn - OG - Georgia
Buffalo needs to rebuild their OL with the surprise retirement of Richie Incognito.
23. New England Patriots: Rashaan Evans - LB - Alabama
The Patriots get another Alabama LB to come in and play.
24. Carolina Panthers: Anthony Miller - WR - Memphis
Carolina could go a number of directions here. Instead of addressing the secondary, they went with Miller, who could be the best overall WR in this class if not for the foot injury.
25. Tennessee Titans: Da’Ron Payne - DT - Alabama
The Titans need to help their DL and why not take the Alabama pipeline to TEN like GM Jon Robinson’s mentor, Bill Belichick.
26. Atlanta Falcons: Taven Bryan - DT - Florida
After having Dontari Poe leave in free agency, Bryan makes a ton of sense here.
27. Jacksonville Jaguars: Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Boise State
The Jaguars need help at ILB and there’s no way LVE drops past the Steelers. Hence the trade up.
28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jaire Alexander - CB - Louisville
Pittsburgh needs to upgrade their secondary.
29. New Orleans Saints: Dallas Goedert - TE - South Dakota State
The Saints give Drew Brees another weapon.
30. Minnesota Vikings: Will Hernandez - OG - UTEP
Minnesota gave Kirk Cousins a huge contract and they need to protect him at all costs. Hernandez is a great prospect to keep interior pressure out of Cousins’ face.
31. New England Patriots: Tyrell Crosby - OT - Oregon
After addressing LB at pick 23, the Patriots try to rebuild their OL after the departure of Nate Solder.
—TRADE - Cleveland Browns trade picks 34 and 150 to the Philadelphia Eagles for pick 32—
32. Cleveland Browns: Sony Michel - RB - Georgia
People may say, why give up a pick to move up one spot? Well, RD1 picks have the fifth year team option, which is what the Browns want. The Browns have a plethora of picks, so giving up a mid-RD5 selection shouldn’t destroy their class.
33. Eagles: D.J. Moore - WR - Maryland
34. Giants: Derrius Guice - RB - LSU
35. Browns: Mike Hughes - CB - UCF
36. Colts: Maurice Hurst - DT - Michigan
37. Colts: Marcus Davenport - Edge - UTSA
38. Giants: Lorenzo Carter - Edge - Georgia
39. Bears: Josh Sweat - Edge - Florida State
40. Broncos: Isaiah Oliver - CB - Colorado
41. Raiders: M.J. Stewart - CB - North Carolina
42. Dolphins: Harrison Phillips - DT - Stanford
43. Patriots: Ronnie Harrison - S - Alabama
44. Washington: Malik Jefferson - LB - Texas
45. Packers: Christian Kirk - WR - Texas A&M
46. Bengals: Donte Jackson - CB - LSU
47. Cardinals: James Daniels - OL - Iowa
48. Chargers: Kyle Lauletta - QB - Richmond
49. Colts: Billy Price - OL - Ohio State
50. Cardinals: James Washington - WR - Oklahoma State
51. Lions: Frank Ragnow - OL - Arkansas
52. Ravens: Kolton Miller - OT - UCLA
53. Bills: D.J. Chark - WR - LSU
54. Chiefs: Justin Reid - S - Stanford
55. Panthers: Braden Smith - OG - Auburn
56. Bills: Martinas Rankins - OT - Mississippi State
57. Titans: Sam Hubbard - Edge - Ohio State
58. Falcons: Mike Gesicki - TE - Penn State
59. 49ers: Austin Corbett - OG - Nevada
60. Steelers: Nick Chubb - RB - Georgia
61. Jaguars: Luke Falk - QB - Washington State
62. Vikings: Jamarco Jones - OT - Ohio State
63. Patriots: Tim Settle - DT - Virginia Tech
64. Browns: Derrick Nnadi - DT - Florida State
REMAINING COLTS PICKS
67. Carlton Davis - CB - Auburn
104. Rashaad Penny - RB - San Diego State
123. DaeSean Hamilton - WR - Penn State (from projected MIA trade)
140. Skai Moore - LB - South Carolina
178. Terrell Edmunds - S - Virginia Tech
221. Tegray Scales - LB - Indiana