Each week we will dive into the Colts unoffical depth chart and provide analysis. Here is a position by position look at the Colts week 5 depth chart.
QB: Jacoby Brissett, Brian Hoyer
RB: Marlon Mack, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, Jonathan Williams
WR: TY Hilton, Deon Cain, Parris Campbell
TE: Jack Doyle, Mo Allie-Cox
LT: Anthony Castonzo, LeRaven Clark
LG: Quenton Nelson, Joe Haeg
C: Ryan Kelly, Josh Andrews
RG: Mark Glowinski, Joe Haeg
RT: Braden Smith, LeRaven Clark
WR: Zach Pascal, Chester Rogers, Ashton Dulin
TE: Eric Ebron, Hale Hentges
- Running back Marlon Mack is dealing with an ankle injury therefore expect Hines and Wilkins to get a similar increase in snaps to last week's second half. Don’t be surprised if Jonathan Williams is active if Mack is struggling as his questionable injury designation suggests.
- Wide Receiver TY Hilton is dealing with a quad injury which caused him to be inactive against the Raiders last week. If Hilton can’t go or is limited expect Deon Cain, Zach Pascal and Chester Rogers to get the majority of the snaps. Parris Campbell is sidelined with an abdominal injury, so even if Hilton isn’t sidelined, Cain, Pascal and Rogers will likely see a spike in their snaps. Also, recently-promoted WR Ashton Dulin will likely help with the special teams side of the ball, as he did last week.
DE: Justin Houston, Kemoko Turay
NT: Margus Hunt, Grover Stewart, Trevon Coley
UT: Denico Autry, Tyquan Lewis
DE: Jabaal Sheard, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Ben Banogu
WLB: Darius Leonard, EJ Speed
MLB: Anthony Walker, Bobby Okereke
SLB: Matthews Adams, Zaire Franklin
CB: Kenny Moore II, Quincy Wilson
FS: Malik Hooker, George Odum, Rolan Milligan
SS: Clayton Geathers, Khari Willis
CB: Pierre Desir, Rock Ya-Sin, Marvell Tell III
- Movement along the defensive line this week as Trevon Coley was signed off the Baltimore Ravens practice squad and Jihad Ward was waived, most likely to help shore up the poor run defenese the team has shown early in the season. The return of Jabaal Sheard was welcomed as even in his limited action he produced flashes of great play.
- Cornerback Pierre Desir was coming back off a hamstring injury last week which saw a reduction in his snaps with Rock Ya-Sin and Kenny Moore getting the start and most snaps. However, Ya-Sin is questionable for this week and Desir is without injury designation so it may be a return to relative normality this week with Desir and Moore getting the start. Quincy Wilson could see his snaps increase but it could be at a position that’s not his natural one.
- Safety sees both starters Hooker and Geathers out this week. This likely means Kahri Willis will get his second start in as many weeks at strong safety and likely a start for George Odum at free safety. As mentioned above Wilson has been taking snaps at safety in practice this week due to the lack of bodies at safety. Additionally, back-up Roland Milligan was limited in practice Friday and qustionable for Sunday.
P: Rigoberto Sanchez
K: Adam Vinatieri
LS: Luke Rhodes
KR: Parris Campbell, Nyheim Hines
PR: Chester Rogers, Nyheim Hines
- Kick off returner Parris Campbell is out this week with an abdominal injury. Zach Pascal took over the kick return job last week when Campbell went down, and he will likely continue that this week even though Nyheim Hines is listed as the primary back up kick returner.