I can only speculate as to what it’s like in the Indianapolis Colts locker room right now but I have to imagine it’s not great. If the Colts are able to pull together and win either of their remaining two games it will be a very impressive feat for Frank Reich and his coaching staff.
Here’s some analysis before I get to the highlights:
- Jacoby Brissett introduced “Bad Jacoby” to the rest of the NFL world. Colts fans had seen him many times throughout the season but tonight everyone got to witness it.
- The Colts committed 7 penalties for 49 yards, given the Saints 6 drawn flags for 52 yards it was pretty even in this regard.
- Neither team turned the ball over.
- No kicks were missed.
- Drew Brees broke Peyton Manning’s touchdown record, at least it wasn’t Brady, so that’s fine.
- The Colts couldn’t get anything going on the ground all day.
- Michael Thomas caught 12 passes for 128 yards and 1 touchdown. So that’s not a great look for the secondary but Thomas and Brees are a pretty special duo.
- The Colts have missed the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 seasons and that really sucks.
Now on to the highlight:
THE COMEBACK STARTS NOW!#Colts#Saints#INDvsNO pic.twitter.com/Wor2XUDn6G— Chris Shepherd (@NFLscheme) December 17, 2019
This is the only highlight I have in me. Jordan Wilkins punched in this score to prevent the shutout. This is the best thing that happened all night for the Colts. I just don’t have the heart to breakdown all of the low-lights. The missed passes, the big plays given up and the records broken against our Colts. I just can’t do it.
If you want to see all of those clips, just click on my name in that Tweet I posted above, I would rather go to the dentist than relive this game in my mind right now, so let’s focus on the positive. Literally the positive.
I believe Colts fans need to start a rumor campaign against Joe Burrow. If we can start a rumor that’s bad enough, there’s always a chance he drops to up in the 2020 draft. If not, the 2020 season may not look much better.