Last year I made a post named Colts War Room. It was a simulation of a mock. There were trades, surprise picks and it gave the community a chance to bang on the table for their guy. We pretty much named a guy we wanted, how he fits with the organization and tried to vote on the pick once we narrowed it down before moving forward in the draft. Like a real war room their is alot of voices and reasoning for different prospects. No one GM drafts alone in the NFL, they have scouts, coordinators, Head Coach and the Owner that has a say. Now ultimately Chris Ballard will pull the trigger but he uses his resources before turning in that envelope.
I wanted to do a prequel because its hard to really simulate the draft without free agency shaking out. I've seen voices for QB, DT and since AC talked about retirement OT has been mentioned in the 1st round. I will add a few trade down scenario and include who the team on the phone is targeting. This is a prequel so I'm all ears for criticism on trades, value and fit on this Mock.
Viva Las Vegas
1. Joe Burrow QB Cincinnati Bengals
2. Chase Young DE Washington
3. Tua Tagovailoa QB Miami Dolphins * Trade*
Detroit Lions trade
No. 5, No. 27 and No. 67
4. Jedrick Wills OT New York Giants
5. Justin Herbert QB Detriot Lions *Trade*
Detriot grabs a QB thats already better than Mitch, Cousins contract is up next year and Vikings will have a decision to make, lastly Rodgers is up there in age. Herbert could be the no. 1 QB in the division in under 4 years while providing financial flexibility.
Detriot Lions trade
Matthew Stafford, Darius Slay and no. 39
Las Vegas Raiders
No. 12, No. 19 and no. 81
6. Jerry Judy WR LA Chargers
The WR corp of Allen, Williams and Judy would bring excitement for Chargers. This also makes the Chargers very desirable for QB free agents next year. Chargers are banking on Eason and/or Fromm being there in the 2nd round or trading for Cam Newton/bringing in Winston.
7. Derrick Brown DT Carolina Panthers
With McCoy up for free agency the Panthers grab the best DT available. I think the Panthers go Phillip Rivers as a bridge QB. The college connection with Rivers and Carolina buys Rule a year or so to figure out the QB situation.
8. Jeffery Okaduh CB Jaguars *trade*
Jaguar replaces Jalen Ramsey with this pick
No. 8 and no. 102
Andrew Norwell, Telvin Smith, no. 20
9. Andrew Thomas OT Jaguars
Jags are up against the cap, one of the easiest decision they can make trading Norwell and Smith who didn't play for them last year to make room for DE Ngakoue
10. Isaiah Simmons LB/S Browns
Unfortunately the Browns missed the last LT that they had a 1st round grade on. Simmons can be that dynamic safety with the Browns pass rushing.
11. Ceedee Lamb WR Jets
The Jets get a no. 1 WR
12. AJ Epenesa DE Lions
Lions grab a versatile weapon that can be used as 3-4 DE, DT or 4-3 DE. AJ would be a nice running mate with Flowers to gives Cousins, Rodgers and Trubisky headaches.
Still on board (matt miller big board)
11. Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
12. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
13. Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina
15. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
16. D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
17. Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
18. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
19. J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
20. Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama
21. CJ Henderson, CB, Florida
22. Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
23. Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
24. Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado
26. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
27. Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
29. Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
31. K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU
32. Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
33. Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame
35. Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
36. Ashtyn Davis, S, California
37. Zack Baun, EDGE, Wisconsin
38. Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan
39. Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF
40. Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
41. Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin
42. Austin Jackson, OT, USC
43. Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State
44. Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC
45. Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
46. Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
47. Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State
On the phone
Cowboys propose trading the no. 17, a 3rd round this year and a 4th next year for pick 13
They will draft: Grant Delpit S
Eagles propose trading no. 21, malcom Jenkins and a 3rd round this year
They will draft: Henry Ruggs WR
Atlanta propose trading both 2nds, a 2nd next year and Trufant for no. 13 and a 3rd round
They will draft: Javon Kinlaw DT
Bears propose trading both 2nds, next year 1st, Leonard Floyd and Mitch Trubisky for pick 13, our 2nd and both 6th round picks.
They will draft: Jordan Love QB
Washington propose trading Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan and next year 1st for no. 13 and our 5th round pick.
They will draft: Tristan Wirf OT
Chiefs propose trading their 1st round, 4th round, Sammy Watkins and conditional 3rd round next year (if he doesn't resign with us) for pick 13 and both 6th round picks.
They will draft: Kristian Fulton CB
The Radiers trade
Like i mentioned above its hard to really make this fun/tough without free agency. Still in this scenario what should we do with pick 13? Who's winning the draft so far (Lions, Dolphins, Radiers, Jaguars, Arizona)? Do these trades make teams better, worst or help with rebuilds?
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Stampede Blue's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Stampede Blue's writers or editors.