Each week will dive into the Colts unofficial depth chart and provide analysis. Here is a position by position look at the Colts week 4 depth chart.
QB - Philip Rivers, Jacoby Brissett, Jacob Eason
RB - Jonathan Taylor, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins
WR - T.Y. Hilton, Dezmon Patmon
TE - Jack Doyle, Trey Burton
LT - Anthony Castonzo, Chaz Green
LG - Quenton Nelson
C - Ryan Kelly, Danny Pinter
RG - Mark Glowinski
RT - Braden Smith, Le’Raven Clark
TE - Mo Alie-Cox, Noah Togiai
WR - Zach Pascal
WR - Daurice Fountain, Ashton Dulin
- Biggest move on this weeks depth chart is at wide receiver. Rookie Michael Pittman Jr has been sent to injured reserve. Pittman injured his leg against the Vikings and end up being diagnosed with compartment leg syndrome. Pittman needed surgery to deal with the injury and ended up on injured reserve.
- Replacing Pittman in the starting line up at wide receiver is third year receiver Daurice Fountain. Fountain didn’t make the Colts initial 53 man roster after training camp but was quickly signed to the teams practice squad and was elevated to the active roster in mid September.
- Another new face on the Colts depth chart this week is tight end Trey Burton. Burton who was placed on injured reserve after training camp when he strained his calf. Burton was activated from injured reserve before the Bears game. He is listed as the back up tight end behind Jack Doyle.
DE - Justin Houston, Ben Banogu, Ron’Dell Carter
NT - Grover Stewart, Taylor Stallworth, Eli Ankou
UT - DeForest Buckner, Tyquan Lewis,
DE - Denico Autry, Al-Quadin Muhammad
WLB - Darius Leonard, Jordan Glasgow
MLB - Anthony Walker, Zaire Franklin
SLB - Bobby Okereke, E.J. Speed
CB - Rock Ya-Sin, T.J. Carrie
FS - Julian Blackmon, George Odum
SS - Khari Willis, Tavon Wilson, Ibraheim Campbell
NCB - Kenny Moore II, Isaiah Rodgers
CB - Xavier Rhodes, Tremon Smith
- The biggest change on the Colts defensive side of the depth chart is at defensive end where newly signed Ron’Dell Carter is now listed. Carter, who was signed off the Dallas Cowboys practice squad last week is listed as a back up to Justin Houston at defensive end.
P - Rigoberto Sanchez
LS - Luke Rhodes
KR - Nyheim Hines, Isaiah Rodgers
PR - Nyheim Hines, Isaiah Rodgers
- No changes on special teams as the special teams depth chart remains the same as next week