The 2020 NFL Draft has finally concluded as the NFL hits that dead period that it typically hits this time of year. This year is especially rough with everything revolving around COVID-19 and all the restrictions with that. To give you all some content and such to kill the time, I am starting a new video series for the site where I sit down with a Colts’ player for an interview or film session to pick their brain and really dive into their game.
Today I was joined by Colts linebacker Matthew Adams. Adams was a solid contributor as a rookie in 2018 as he tallied 33 tackles and 5 tackles for a loss in just five games started. He played more of a reserve role last year with the addition of Bobby Okereke, but he is still one of the better special teams players on the roster.
In this Film Session interview, Adams and I talk about many topics such as:
- His transition from a starter to a reserve player in year two
- His mindset and expectations going into year three
- His physicality and the importance of the weight room for an NFL player
- What kind of mindset a player must have to play special teams
- The bullsh*t call that took away his first career sack
- His fits on certain run plays
- His candidate for breakout player on the defense in 2020
Click the video below to watch the entire film session. Be sure to also subscribe to the YouTube channel where the video is posted to get alerts when videos like this post in the future!