The 2020 NFL Draft has finally concluded as the NFL hits that dead period that it typically hits this time of year. This year is especially rough with everything revolving around COVID-19 and all the restrictions with that. To give you all some content and such to kill the time, I am starting a new video series for the site where I sit down with a Colts’ player for an interview or film session to pick their brain and really dive into their game.
Today I was joined by Colts WR Ashton Dulin. Dulin was an undrafted receiver out of Malone University heading into the 2019 season. He spent the first three weeks on the Practice Squad before being called up to the roster in week four. He finished the season with 2 catches for 17 yards as a receiver, 3 kick returns for 90 yards as a returner, and 7 tackles as the team’s primary punt gunner.
In this Film Session interview, Dulin and I talk about many topics such as:
- His journey from Division II Malone to the NFL
- His instant impact he was able to make on special teams for the Colts
- How playing Punt Gunner is similar to Receiver in some ways
- The impact of George Odum and Luke Rhodes on him as a core special teamer
- How it felt making his first NFL reception
- How playing alongside Zach Pascal gives him confidence
- What he is working on to get better and make more of an impact in 2020
Click the video below to watch the entire film session. Be sure to also subscribe to the YouTube channel where the video is posted to get alerts when videos like this post in the future!