The 2020 NFL Draft has concluded and the NFL is now heading into its annual summer dead period. This year is especially rough with COVID-19 restrictions. I plan to fill some of this time with a new series where I sit down with a Colts’ player for an interview or film session to pick their brain and really dive into their game.
Today I was joined by Colts WR Zach Pascal. Pascal is going into his third year with the Colts after going undrafted in the 2017 NFL Draft. He was signed after the draft by the Washington Redskins and later played for the Tennessee Titans before eventually ending up with the Colts in 2018. He broke out in a major way this last season as he hauled in 41 passes for 641 yards (led the team in receiving) and 5 touchdowns.
In this Film Session interview, Pascal and I talk about many topics such as:
- His grind and work to go from a UDFA to a roster mainstay with the Colts
- His emphasis on the little things like blocking and special teams
- Which receiver on the Colts talks the most to DBs in a game
- How he sees a little bit of himself in Colts UDFA WR Ashton Dulin
- Technique and discipline it takes to be a good NFL WR
- What his best game of the season was last year
- His thoughts on adding QB Philip Rivers and WR Coach Mike Groh
- Expectations for himself and this team in 2020
Click the video below to watch the entire film session. Be sure to also subscribe to the YouTube channel where the video is posted to get alerts when videos like this post in the future!