The 2020 NFL Draft has concluded and the NFL is now heading into its annual summer dead period. This year is especially rough with COVID-19 restrictions. I plan to fill some of this time with a new series where I sit down with a Colts’ player for an interview or film session to pick their brain and really dive into their game.
Today I sat down with Colts LB Anthony Walker Jr. Walker is going into his fourth season with the Colts as he is coming off of yet another strong campaign where he led the team in tackles. In 2019, he totaled 124 tackles, 6 tackles for a loss, 2 pass deflections, a forced fumble, and an interception. He has quickly and quietly established himself as a leader of this team as well over the past two seasons.
In this Film Session interview, Walker and I talk about many topics such as:
- His on and off the field relationship with star LB Darius Leonard
- His thoughts on the addition of DeForest Buckner
- His excellent instincts as a run defender and how he is able to read offenses so well
- The growth he has shown in his game from year one to where he is now
- The fundamentals of the Colts’ zone defense
- How to balance getting depth in zone and staying on a man and reading the play
- The Colts’ patterns run defense to create angles in that area of the game
- Who he thinks will be the breakout defender in 2020 for the Colts
- What is on his mind going into a contract year with the team
Click the video below to watch the entire film session. Be sure to also subscribe to the YouTube channel where the video is posted to get alerts when videos like this post in the future!