The 2020 NFL Draft has concluded and the NFL is now heading into its annual summer dead period. This year is especially rough with COVID-19 restrictions. I plan to fill some of this time with a new series where I sit down with a Colts’ player for an interview or film session to pick their brain and really dive into their game.
Today I was joined by running back Nyheim Hines. Hines is going into his third year with the team as the team’s third down back. He finished last season with 52 carries for 199 yards and 2 touchdowns. He caught 44 passes for 320 yards and also had 9 punt returns for 281 yards and 2 touchdowns last year as well.
In this Film Session interview, Hines and I talk about many topics such as:
- The conversations the team has had this past week regarding the country and the BLM movement
- His thoughts on the addition of Philip Rivers and what that could do for his game
- His background as a receiver and how that helps his game
- How he creates after the catch and why it is his job to make the first man miss
- The effect that Tom Rathman has had on the running back group
- How the offensive line makes life easier for the Colts’ running backs
- How great the Panthers game felt for his confidence going forward
- His future as the team’s punt returner/kick returner
- What to expect from the Colts’ offense in 2020