Each week we will dive into the Colts unoffical depth chart and provide analysis. Here is a position by position look at the Colts week 2 depth chart.
QB - Philip Rivers, Jacoby Brissett, Jacob Eason
RB - Marlon Mack, Jonathan Taylor, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins
WR - T.Y. Hilton, Michael Pittman Jr., Dezmon Patmon
TE - Jack Doyle
LT - Anthony Castonzo, Chaz Green
LG - Quenton Nelson
C - Ryan Kelly, Danny Pinter
RG - Mark Glowinski
RT - Braden Smith, Le’Raven Clark
TE - Mo Alie-Cox, Noah Togiai
WR - Parris Campbell
WR - Zach Pascal, Ashton Dulin
- The one likely big change to the Colts depth chart will be at running back. Colts Head Coach Frank Reich announced yesterday that starting running back Marlon Mack tore his Achilles and will be out for the season. Mack is yet to be put on injured reserve so is still listed as the teams starter but once he heads to IR that will surely change. Reich also announced that rookie Jonathan Taylor would take over as the teams starting running back while Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins will rotate in more to help lessen the blow of Mack’s injury.
- Zach Pascal is listed as the starting wide receiver across from TY Hilton with Michael Pittman Jr backing up Hilton. Parris Campbell is a starter in his own right manning the teams slot receiver position
- The team has only one interior offensive lineman with Danny Pinter as back up center and no official back up at either guard position.
- At the tight end position the Colts only have three tight ends of the roster, Jack Doyle starting at one position and Mo Alie-Cox with new Colt Noah Togiai backing him up.
DE - Justin Houston, Ben Banogu
NT - Grover Stewart, Taylor Stallworth, Eli Ankou
UT - DeForest Buckner, Tyquan Lewis,
DE - Denico Autry, Al-Quadin Muhammad
WLB - Darius Leonard, Matthew Adams, Jordan Glasgow
MLB - Anthony Walker, Zaire Franklin
SLB - Bobby Okereke, E.J. Speed
CB - Rock Ya-Sin, T.J. Carrie
FS - Malik Hooker, George Odum, Julian Blackmon
SS - Khari Willis, Tavon Wilson
NCB - Kenny Moore II, Isaiah Rodgers
CB - Xavier Rhodes
- Denico Autry won the starting defensive end spot across from Justin Houston which was manned by ex-Colt Jabaal Sheard who departed in free agency. Ben Banogu backs up Houston and Muhammad backs up Autry.
- Grover Stewart won the starting nose tackle spot after winning it mid-season last year. Taylor Stallworth backs up Stewart and new Colt Eli Ankou rounds out the position.
- Bobby Okereke continues to start at the SAM linebacker position after being named a starter last year. Matthew Adams backs up Darius Leonard at the WILL linebacker position with rookie Jordan Glasgow adding depth there too.
- Rock Ya-Sin is the starting cornerback for the Colts and T.J. Carrie backs him up. Kenny Moore continues to start in the Colts base defense then mans the slot when the Colts go to nickel. Xavier Rhodes is the Colts other corner starting on the outside with Ya-Sin in nickel defense.
- Malik Hooker and Khari Willis are the Colts starting safeties with George Odum the primary back up at free safety and Tavon Wilson at the strong safety position. Rookie Julian Blackmon rounds out the position at free safety.
P - Rigoberto Sanchez
K - Rodrigo Blankenship
LS - Luke Rhodes
KR - Nyheim Hines, Isaiah Rodgers
PR - Nyheim Hines, Isaiah Rodgers
- Rookie kicker Rodrigo Blankenship won the Colts kicking job after a training camp battle with Chase McLaughlin.
- Nyheim Hines continue to return punts and kicks after his showing last year. Rookie Isaiah Rodgers backs Hines up at both kick and punt returner.