Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Parris Campbell told local media members on Wednesday that he was cleared by doctors last week for football activities and is 100% ready to go (via The Athletic’s Zak Keefer):
Colts WR Parris Campbell says he's 100 percent and was completely cleared by the docs last week. All go this week as the Colts return to the field.— Zak Keefer (@zkeefer) May 19, 2021
The former 2019 second round pick of the Colts suffered a would-be season-ending PCL and MCL injury in his left knee during Indianapolis’ Week 2 win against the Minnesota Vikings.
Thus, Campbell finished his sophomore campaign with just 6 receptions for 71 receiving yards in two starts.
Featuring blazing fast 4.31 speed, Campbell has been hindered by a number of injuries to begin his early pro career—having already been limited to 7 games as a rookie in 2019.
In his absence, the Colts have lacked his provided elite deep speed and ability to stretch the field, which has hurt the potency and big play ability of their offense collectively.
For what it’s worth, Campbell appears to be “moving really well” in recent team activities:
Having ditched his old #15 (Phillip Dorsett’s former number) to wear #1 (Pat McAfee’s iconic single digit) for a much needed jersey number change, perhaps all Campbell needs is a little more luck when it comes to avoiding injuries and promoting his overall durability.
What is clear though is that the still only 23 year old wideout could really benefit from playing with new starting quarterback Carson Wentz’s upgraded rifle arm, who’s been known to take some chances downfield for a potential big play opportunity.
Health permitting, Campbell could still be a dynamic playmaker for the Colts in the slot and maybe is even poised for a breakout third season.