If this hasn’t been the most “Colts” start to a season, I don’t know if I have ever seen one. A tie against the team that will likely compete for the top overall spot in the 2023 NFL Draft, a loss against a Jaguars team that everyone assumed would bring the very best of a Colts team searching for revenge after getting bounced out of the playoff picture in Duval, and a win against one of the favorites to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. 1-1-1 Something about that feels disgusting. And yet, that record is just enough to feel like the Colts have avoided total disaster.
A home game against the Tennessee Titans gives the Colts a shot at not only scratching their way to a winning record in the first quarter of the season but also a shot at moving into first place in the AFC South - if the Jaguars lose to the undefeated Eagles in Philadelphia. What a weird twist that would be, right?
The Titans and Colts have had similar early-season issues. Neither team has had the hot start some may have predicted, and both are fighting to stay in the early-season running. A loss for Tennesse would mean an 0-1 start in the division and even could push them to last in the AFC South if the Texans beat a bruised Chargers team at home. Similarly, a Colts loss would put them in a hole in the division with no wins, a tie, and two losses.
NFL schedulers were a little crazy this year with the AFC South, but this is a must-win scenario for both franchises, and only one will come out on top.
Or they could tie...
1 p.m. ET on Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Lucas Oil Stadium
- 500 S Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Capacity: 70,000
- Regional Channel: FOX
- Play-by-play: Adam Amin
- Color analyst: Mark Schlereth
- Sideline Reporter: Kristina Pink
TV Streaming Options
- NFL+ allows you to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand, and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.
- NFL Game Pass offers replays of every game, available as soon as the live broadcast ends. Start your free trial and cancel at any time.
Please check your local TV listings to confirm availability. Geographic and device restrictions apply. Local & primetime games only. Data charges may apply.
93.5 and 107.5 FM The Fan, 97.1 HANK FM, and WFNI 1070-AM The Fan
SiriusXM Channel 813
- Play-by-Play: Matt Taylor
- Color Analyst: Rick Venturi
- Sideline: Larra Overton
Radio Streaming Options
- Fans in the Colts Home Market can listen to the local broadcast on the Colts App and Colts.com.
- Fans everywhere can listen to the local broadcast of the game on Colts.com (Desktop Only).
- NFL+: Live game audio (home, away & national calls) for every game of the season. Sign up for a free trial.
Colts are listed as 3.5-point favorites by DraftKings Sportsbook as of this writing. For updated lines, please visit DraftKings Sportsbook.