So, heading into this game, the Stampede Blue and Pats Pulpit staff had to look back to get interested. For the Colts, no team has come close to being more of a rival since the franchise arrived in Indianapolis than the Patriots. Years of the Manning vs. Brady showdowns, comparing the two historically, and even Andrew Luck’s loss in Foxboro that led to the Deflategate scandal make this an interesting pairing.
The Colts haven’t played in Foxboro since October 2018, and neither team looks similar to what they were at that time. Pats Pulpit has written about how this used to be the best rivalry in the NFL. Our staff posted a photo of Brady and Luck shaking hands after the regular season game in 2018.
Those were the days.
Now? The Colts are facing what could very well be a full-scale rebuild if Sam Ehlinger doesn’t shock the world by becoming a long-term franchise signal caller. The Patriots have their questions at quarterback long-term, and some have started to question Bill Belichick’s legacy without Brady under center.
I mean, what is going on?
This is how NFL cycles work. All-time greats are hard to come by at the quarterback position, and finding more than one back-to-back is incredibly rare.
Expect Bellichick to test young Ehlinger. If he manages not to throw an interception in this one, it will be a huge accomplishment. Expect the Colts' defense to face pressure again. It will likely be turnovers and points off of turnovers that make the difference in this one. Patriots fans won’t be upset that Jonathan Taylor will be sitting this one out, given that he broke the game open in December last year in Indy.
1:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 6, 2022
- Gillette Stadium
- 1 Patriot Pl, Foxborough, MA 02035
- Capacity: 65,878
- Regional Channel: CBS
- Play-by-play: Greg Gumbel
- Color analyst: Adam Archuleta
- Sideline Reporter: AJ Ross
TV Streaming Options
- Paramount+ - Subscription Required
- NFL+ allows you to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand, and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.
Check your local TV listings or broadcast map to confirm availability.
93.5 and 107.5 FM The Fan, 97.1 HANK FM, and WFNI 1070-AM The Fan
SiriusXM Channel 813
- Play-by-Play: Matt Taylor
- Color Analyst: Rick Venturi
- Sideline: Larra Overton
Radio Streaming Options
- On Your Phone: Fans in the Colts Home Market can listen to the local broadcast on the Colts App and Colts.com.
- Outside Of Indianapolis: Fans everywhere can listen to the local broadcast of the game on Colts.com (Desktop Only).
- NFL+: Live game audio (home, away & national calls) for every game of the season. Sign up for a free trial.
Colts Gameday radio coverage begins three hours before kickoff with “Colts Pre-Game Huddle” and “Countdown to Kickoff.” Stay tuned for “The 5th Quarter Huddle” immediately after the game.
The Colts are listed as 5.5-point favorites by DraftKings Sportsbook as of this writing. For updated lines, please visit DraftKings Sportsbook.