The Indianapolis Colts will wear an alternative uniform for their primetime match-up on Monday Night Football. This isn’t the only significant change coming into the game, as Matt Ryan was benched earlier this week in favor of veteran Nick Foles. Ryan will be inactive as Sam Ehlinger will serve as Foles’ backup should he be needed against the Los Angeles Chargers.
There are a lot of similarities between the Chargers and the Vikings, at least in terms of team strengths and weaknesses. The Chargers have quarterback Justin Herbert, who shocked the league by having a dominant rookie season. He has cooled a bit after NFL Defensive Coordinators have had a chance to adjust. Still, he has dominant receivers in Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, who are both big-bodied and present match-up issues for typical NFL defensive backs.
Austin Ekeler is one of the league’s top running backs out of the backfield. He can run the ball and do damage through the air, keeping linebackers and safeties honest. Even Herbert can run with the ball, giving a balanced look that will challenge defensive discipline.
The question for the game is whether the change under center will generate a different offensive result. Given the glaring issues on the offensive line and what has been chiefly vanilla play-calling, it seems silly to expect the Colts to have a late-season surge. If there’s a silver lining, the more the Colts lose games, the more they secure a high draft pick to invest in their rest or rebuild, or whatever Jim Irsay and Chris Ballard (presumably) are going to call it.
Here’s how to catch the action.
8:15 p.m. ET on Monday, December 26, 2022
- Lucas Oil Stadium
- 500 S Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Capacity: 70,000
- National Channel: ESPN
- Regional Channel: WISH-TV
- Play-by-play: Joe Buck
- Color analyst: Troy Aikman
- Sideline Reporters: Lisa Salters
TV Streaming Options
- NFL+ allows you to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand, and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.
Check your local TV listings or broadcast map to confirm availability.
- Play-by-Play: Kevin Harlan
- Color Analyst: Kurt Warner
93.5 and 107.5 FM The Fan, 97.1 HANK FM, and WFNI 1070-AM The Fan
SiriusXM Channel 813
- Play-by-Play: Matt Taylor
- Color Analyst: Rick Venturi
- Sideline: Larra Overton
Radio Streaming Options
- On Your Phone: Fans in the Colts Home Market can listen to the local broadcast on the Colts App and Colts.com.
- Outside Of Indianapolis: Fans everywhere can listen to the local broadcast of the game on Colts.com (Desktop Only).
- NFL+: Live game audio (home, away & national calls) for every game of the season. Sign up for a free trial.
Colts Gameday radio coverage begins three hours before kickoff with “Colts Pre-Game Huddle” and “Countdown to Kickoff.” Stay tuned for “The 5th Quarter Huddle” immediately after the game.
The Colts are listed as 4-point underdogs by DraftKings Sportsbook as of this writing. For updated lines, please visit DraftKings Sportsbook.